Hi Josh,

I don't completely disagree with you, but sometimes doing something
just for the pure enjoyment of it isn't enough. The fact of the matter
is enjoyment only goes so far, and then at some point developing games
is no longer fun. I can speak from personal experience writing a game
that takes a couple of months, perhaps a year can be fun, but after
two, three, or more years it is no longer fun or entertaining. The
developer will get tired of writing the game and want to move on to a
new project. At least that has been my experience.

I can see some developer writing Ultra RPG 1.0. Maybe spend a year or
two developing it, and then growing bored with it. They want to move
onto something else but their customers want more content, more
upgrades, more something else but the developer is burned out on the
game and wants nothing else to do with it. It happens.

Cheers!