yes I certainly do like my laptop. and on the back of it I have a connector so if I want to connect a big pc monitor I can do so.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

On 3/31/2015 8:54 PM, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Cara,

I tend to agree with you about desktops. For many years I was in the
business of PC building, assembling custom desktops, but that market
has all but disappeared. Nobody really wants desktops now that laptops
are A, much smaller, B, just as powerful, and C, are affordable. For
an independent contractor it is impossible to custom build laptops for
the price of a low cost Del or Toshiba laptop. So I've left that
business behind since for all intents and purposes it isn't really
profitable.

One doesn't have to go far to see that desktops have largely fallen
out of favor. One can just walk into any Walmart or Best Buy in the
U.S. and see right off what desktops they have, if any, are few and
far between. The other day I was in Walmart and basically the desktops
they had on hand was an extremely small CPU case, flatscreen monitor,
keyboard, and mouse. Not only was it small the system specs were no
better than the laptops they had in the next isle over for about the
same price. So I don't see the majority of home users, your average
Joe's and Jane's, buying many desktops when for all intents and
purposes laptops provide everything for a similar cost. If they need
an external keyboard, mouse, or a larger display all those can easily
be purchased for their laptop as an additional device.

Thing is I know many blind users are part and partial to their
desktops, and that is okay. However, long term though we will see them
being phased out of the mainstream market and I'd say only being sold
to businesses or special interest groups with laptops handling the
majority of PC work for the average household.

Cheers!