From: "Daniele Casarola" <casaroladani...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:04
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] info AudioGames Game Engine

First of all sorry for the duplicated mail.
Then I thank you very very much for your clear and precise answers. I
perfectly understand what you're saying.

Let me spend just few words.

I'm 32 and for 10 years I'm a freelancer 3D Artist for Architectural
Visualization and Game Design, you know... modeling, lighting, texturing,
scripting, dymanics, rendering, etc.
A disease is shutting down my sight toward blindness quite fast since last
year, so I'm looking around and trying to use my know-how and experience
for a new kind of job.

That said, graphic videogames evolution followed precise steps during years
till now, and the same should happening to audiogames too.
The result of this "evolution" is the creation of 3 professionals: the
developer which set up the tools, the designer which uses the tools, and
the player which enjoy the final result.

If I want to sell my products and gain money (in my case rendered images),
I can't start from programming a Render Engine software, or a 3D package
like 3ds max, or go in Africa and buy silicon to build my own 8cores
processors.

So I totally agree with you Thomas when you say that I should learn more in
depth coding and program the application by myself, but only because in
this moment there's no chance. I hope you agree with me that this is an old
style. This happened for videogames in the 50s.
Nowadays if you want to do something you need an interface, an engine, a
software to work on in any kind of application, no matter if blind or not;
without that the audogames world (but not only) created by blind people
will remain limited to developers, it means no evolution, and in few
words... no money.

Please consider also that a visual Game Engine hasn't stop his evolution;
as many mistakenly think, a Game Engine like Unity or whatever isn't used
only to create videogames. His flexibility allows a designer to create any
kind of interactive experience, not only into a 3D environment. A lot of
companies are interested to it, and they are creating a vast amount of
content/plugin/script to interact with it. For example the "3Dio Omni Free
Space" binaural microphones company creates a script to import your 3D
Space Audio records into Unity 3D space; you can explore and interact with
an environment just listening, similar to Ambisonic experience.

So, even if I have yet a lot of things to talk about, and also a lot of
things to learn, I'd like to ask this simple question:
Do you feel the lack of a Game Engine with an accessible interface built
ad-hoc for VI?

If yes we share the same ideas, and I want to inform that I'm moving my
first steps on both direction:
1-Building a new Game Engine accessible only via Keyboard+Screen Reader, no
visual interface except for common menu bar.
2-Making accessible yet existing Game Engine, after all NVaccess team
hourly rate to do that is only around $200... considering that in Italy the
same is around 250euros...

Thanks for reading guys.

Bye!