Hi Mohsin ,

Honestly most of our games seem more on par with mainstream games from
20 years ago rather than 10 to 15 years ago. I'd say comparing our
games to Sega, Nintendo, or any other games from 10 to 15 years ago is
pretty conservative as I happen to own a number of console games from
2000 to 2005 and a lot of them are far superior to any audio game I
know of in terms of audio, graphics, game play, etc. So the question
at hand is what to do about it.

It is all well and good to plead for better and more advanced audio
games.  It is even alright to encourage our developers to build better
and more complex games. However, until certain issues have practical
solutions the audio games industry isn't going anywhere.

First, is finances. Our audio game developers are not multi-million
dollar companies with lots of money to pay out on royalties for
sounds, music, and top notch acting. So one way you can accomplish
your goal of better audio games is by helping us find ways to finance
our game development. People have tried kickstarter and crowd funding
with mixed success. Others have tried taking preorders and not managed
to raise the funds they really needed. There are ways of razing money
but so far none of the usual ways were too successful at sponsoring an
audio game for such a limited market as ours.

Second, time it takes to develop a very complex game. Now, obviously
if more advanced game engines like Unity were accessible that would
drastically cut down the time and effort it takes to create an audio
game, but the fact of the matter is such an engine does not exist for
audio game developers. Most have to put blood sweat and tears into a
creation even with a tool like BGT making it a long and drawn out
process to put together a simple side-scroller like Q9 let alone
something as complex as Call of Duty, Assassin Creed, or Mass Effect.
Until we have a method and means of creating bigger and complex games
without taking years to create a game I don't see anyone really doing
so. Its not that they don't want to, but that the method and means
just isn't there.

The problem comes back to time management. If we have a five year
period is it better for a developer to spend that entire five year
period developing one massively complex game or perhaps writing five
smaller arcade games. Those desiring a bigger more complex game would
ask that he or she spend the time on a bigger and better game, but it
might be more beneficial for the community as a whole to have five
smaller and less complex games.

Then, there is the issue of the money. If a developer is a commercial
developer he or she will make more money off five or six smaller games
than he or she will ever make off of one big complex game. The
financial returns on an Assassin Creed or Call of Duty just isn't
there because there aren't enough blind gamers out there to support
such a game financially.

In summary what I am hearing from threads like this is a lot of "I
wants." How about some solid and constructive ideas to resolve the
difficulties of developing such a game and we will see if it is
possible.

Cheers!