Hi Dark,

Oh, I definitely can see a point where certain games are used as
educational training aids alright. The problem is for a lot of people
when someone mentions games they automatically assume it isn't
educational and that it is  a silly waste of time. Sad to say this
attitude isn't limited to blind and VI gamers either.

For example, I saw a Youtube video not too long ago from a sighted guy
in his mid to late 30's posing the question of why people consider
gamers geek's, lazy, or immature because they spend two to three hours
each day playing the latest version of Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Need
For Speed while his coworkers would happily sit their butts down on
the couch and watch football or basketball. Both forms of
entertainment could be considered lazy, unproductive, or childish but
in American society it is generally seen adult behavior to while away
an afternoon with ESPN and a ball game but not mature or adult to
spend that same time with a game console playing games. It is an
interesting question and one I think bares particular relevance to the
topic at hand.

I can easily see various educational and learning games being
developed for organizations to help enhance orientation and mobility
training, to help with memorization, problem solving, and other things
that are all apart of daily life. The main two problems seem to be A,
developing those games, and B, then getting past the stigma of games
are little more than electronic toys.

Even so as it so happens that is probably the best way to present
games to the NFB, ACB, AFB, etc. If a game developer could create
games they could incorporate into their training programs or get them
to install them on their computers for clients that could be a form of
advertising to go to the developer's site and see what else they have
for offer. That would help keep the organizations image in tact while
advertise what the developer has to offer.

Cheers!