Hi Shaun,

It sounds to me you are describing attention deficit disorder better
known as A.D.D. In order to program anything let alone games you have
to be able to sit down and spend more time than 30 minutes on it
without becoming distracted. If you can't stay focused on a project
more than 30 minutes there is no way you will ever get anything
productive done. There were days at the height of game development
where I sat down and worked for four hours straight without taking a
break. Granted that was before my personal health issues came up, but
the point here is that programming games and other software requires
quite a commitment above and beyond five minutes here and there when a
person feels like it.