I have no issues with Linux; in fact, I have contemplated playing
around with that particular operating system.

Macs are jokes precisely because I can build a superior machine for
less than half the cost (including the operating system). More
importantly, the Mac has poor application support without running
Bootcamp or creating a virtual machine.

On 7/24/16, Travis Siegel <tsie...@nfbcal.org> wrote:
> I don't understand why you would say this.  I've been using a mac for more
> than 10 years, and it's done everything I needed it to do for that entire
> time.  I've had very few issues with my macs, other than normal wear and
> tear on the machines.  In fact, I've had much better luck with my macs
> (hardware wise) than I ever did on my windows machines.  I've never had to
> reinstall my os due to any sort of issues, and since programs exist for
> doing anything and everything I want to do, I've had no issues getting
> things done for that entire time, so I'd
> hardly consider that a joke.
> I've also been using linux systems off and on for more than 20 years, and
> they've done everything I've asked of them as well.  My windows machines
> don't have half the track record my macs and linux boxes have, so if you
> want to point fingers, point them back at your favorite os.  I'm not
> trying to start an os flame ware, there's already been more than enough of
> that, I'm only making it known that in all the time I've been using
> computers (starting in 1986), out of all the operating systems I've used,
> windows is the one I've had the most trouble with as a whole.  My macs,
> linux, freebsd, dos, and even a couple minicomputers haven't offered
> nearly as many problems as my windows boxes have.  Admittedly, a large
> majority of this is due to the fact that windows is the most popular os,
> and thus, is targeted by a large portion of the virus writers, and other
> schemes to make problems for general computer users, but I've fell foul of
> very few of those types of issues, my issues have been more os/equipment
> related than anything else, but calling a mac a joke is a bit like calling
> an atm machine problematic.  People use them every day, and they work just
> fine.  Some people choose not to use them, and that's fine, but just
> because they don't meet your needs doesn't make them bad.
>

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2016, Justin Jones wrote:
>
>> The Mac is an expensive joke. I wish Apple would wise up and get out
>> of the personal computer business and stick to phones and their other
>> devices.

Justin M. Jones, M.A.
atreides...@gmail.com
(254) 624-9155
701 Ewing St. #509-C, Ft. Wayne IN, 46802