The mac in my view, is better for beginning computer users. Now that I'm
slightly more advanced, I want more powerful applications, and way better
braille support. But that is not possible with the Mac. Besides that, there are
very little games for the Mac, and vmware fusion costs, whereas Linux has
vmware player. So yeah, I'm slowly ascending beyond the Mac, and possibly even
iOS, although I may jailbreak sooner than buy a whole other Android device.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 24, 2016, at 9:06 AM, Travis Siegel <tsie...@nfbcal.org> wrote:
>
> I don't understand why you would say this.  I've been using a mac for more
> than 10 years, and it's done everything I needed it to do for that entire
> time.  I've had very few issues with my macs, other than normal wear and tear
> on the machines.  In fact, I've had much better luck with my macs (hardware
> wise) than I ever did on my windows machines.  I've never had to reinstall my
> os due to any sort of issues, and since programs exist for doing anything and
> everything I want to do, I've had no issues getting things done for that
> entire time, so I'd hardly consider that a joke.
> I've also been using linux systems off and on for more than 20 years, and
> they've done everything I've asked of them as well.  My windows machines
> don't have half the track record my macs and linux boxes have, so if you want
> to point fingers, point them back at your favorite os.  I'm not trying to
> start an os flame ware, there's already been more than enough of that, I'm
> only making it known that in all the time I've been using computers (starting
> in 1986), out of all the operating systems I've used, windows is the one I've
> had the most trouble with as a whole.  My macs, linux, freebsd, dos, and even
> a couple minicomputers haven't offered nearly as many problems as my windows
> boxes have.  Admittedly, a large majority of this is due to the fact that
> windows is the most popular os, and thus, is targeted by a large portion of
> the virus writers, and other schemes to make problems for general computer
> users, but I've fell foul of very few of those types of issues, my issues
> have been mo
 re os/equipment related than anything else, but calling a mac a joke is a bit
like calling an atm machine problematic.  People use them every day, and they
work just fine.  Some people choose not to use them, and that's fine, but just
because they don't meet your needs doesn't make them bad.