Hi Josh,
According to what I have read on the language the author stated some
ability to write games, but I have no idea if that extends to accessible
games, or to how high quality you can make them.
In all seriousness I think a blind computer user interested in languages
is better served by using a mainstream language, compiler, and tools.
Although, C#.NET might seam daunting at first I think a language like
C#.NET is a very good beginner language for most amatures. It has all
the features of a full programming language, is much simpler than C++,
and all the really tough stuff it contained in the framework, and the
framework carries out the tough stuff.
Alternatively VB.NET is also is pretty strong, easier than most
languages, and my only beaf with it is that VB's sintacs is based on the
basic still rather than the C/C++ style sintacs.