Hi Yohandy,
It seams to me the issue of side-scroller vs FPS seams to be drawn along
age boundries.
All of us who played classic Nentendo games or remember them have no
quoms about new side-scrollers.
I don't see anything wrong with them either as I played them all through
my childhood.
I think it is safe to say most of us like FPS games, but the younger
croud seams more interrested in FPS because that is what their peers are
playing. They haven't aged to the point the older croud has gotten to
that point in life where peer's opinions don't matter that much. When
you reach age 30 being cool or in such and such a croud just doesn't matter.