Hi Phil,
If this were an FPS type game I would say that would be fine. Problem is
I think we are moving dangeriously close to alterning the originality of
the game as it is. I think a single fire control would be good enough in
this instance. Since many Atari games did allow you to fire, but not
equip and unequip weapons.