Hi Karl,
One other question, I noticed that the monsters now kill you if you
land on them while carrying a sword, like it was in beta 3. Is this
reversion intentional or not?
End quote

I had to remove that feature do to the fact the swords are no longer
automatically being used. You can't have both automatic and manual use
together. In order to get the swords to work properly with the manual
fire control I had to remove all references to the automatic sword
triggers which means when you land on a skull, snake, or spider the
swords won't get used. personally, I like this better since this is
truly more in keeping with the Atari version of Monty except you have to
manually use the sword rather than let triggers decide when to use it.
<Smile>