Hello tom.

Given the way the game works, you might considder bosses of a slightly
different style which would nevertheless be easier to code into the game.
I'm thinking, of the way bosses worked in the playstation platform games
Pandemonium and Pandemonium 2.

these were basically large game levels, where you were either being chased
or occasionally shot at by a large boss, and had to find certain objects
scattered around the level to defeat it. for example, one boss chased you
over a large amount of swompy terain (with you jumping swamps en route), and
to defeat him you had to run over several flaming catapults scattered
through the level. Another boss would chase you down with a large hammer
through a saw mill (taking swipes at you when close enough), and you had to
find balloons which would shoot you high into the air so that you could come
down on the boss's head. Also, sinse he was hell to avoid, you had to
remember to grab extra hearts scattered around the level.

Given the fact that monti is much more an exploration gameI wonder if this
sort of thing would be both easier to code, and more appropriate than having
anjella smith slash something up with her sword.

You would after all not need to code boss health, or too many attacks,
simply standard level with either a time switch (for an instant kill style
boss), or intermitant damage to your character if not performing a specific
action (as in the laser bot battle in superliam, though obviously for a
monti boss you'd be finding items or switches to defeat the enemy, not
attacking them directly).

As to game keys etc, well like everyone here I would of course like to play
the game Asap, but equally would want to see a finished game.

One question though is how much work were you planning to do with monti post
this christmas? if you were thinking of releasing the finished game and
moving onto other stuff, then personally I'd go for putting the bosses in,
if you were thinking of in fact releasing some kind of expantions for the
game, then they can probably wait, and I for one would be happpy to pay the
money and simply be able to play all the levels.

If you don't mind me asking another related question please Thom, at one
stage you mentioned a Monti map editer, with perhaps even the ability to add
background and or monster sounds so as to create different levels and
environments to explore. As an exploration freak, I'd personally love to see
something like this, though given everything you've put into Monti thus far,
I'd understand if you want to give it a rest for a while.

all the best,