Hi Tom,
I play the game every day looking for bugs, and haven't had it happen to
me personally more than a couple of times so don't feel bad. The bug is
pretty rare, or at least it has been that way for me. I'm not sure what
exactly is causing the player to jump and hang, but once I figure that
out I will fix it asap.
I have however just fixed the bug with the two torches burning at once
which was a big relief to get one of the more major bugs out of the way
in Beta 8.
Though, while working I uncovered three more bugs which I am attending
to right now. I hope to fix all three before I post the new beta.