Hi Sean,

You said it was "difficult to make sound libraries" with XACT; does that
mean that you were able to make the necessary wavebanks, soundbanks and
cues?  If so, would you mind explaining how?
End quote

Yes, but I will state up  front I was using Window Eyes 6.1 when I was
working on the soundbanks, wavebanks, and cues. Window Eyes handles the
mouse allot better than Jaws so I was able to point and click on most of
the propper tool bars, buttons, and list views that were necessary to
create the cues, soundbanks, and wavebanks. What I am having difficulty
with now is actually setting specific properties on cues in XACT. Unlike
with DirectX where you just programmed a looping sound, volume, or 3D
effect manually XNA requires all of  the sound cues to be set via the
XACT properties window which is not screen reader friendly with Jaws or
Window Eyes. I suppose you could get by the looping property by writing
an update sound method for all the sounds you want to loop, but if you
want full 3D effects you are screwed. There is no way I can see to edit
the 3D properties for the cues to get them to update properly in the
game world.

Hth.