Hi Thomas,

About writing maps, the instructions for multiplayer maps are at:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/mapmaking.htm
But the way to build single player maps is undocumented yet, because
the language is not ready enough.

For example, today, a trigger to say that after 80 seconds the
computer 1 must select 1 footman located in a2 and send it to a1 is:

trigger computer1 (timer 80) (order (a2 1 footman) ((go a1)(go b1)))

I am thinking about using a more flat notation:

add trigger
owner computer1
condition timer 80
action order (a2 1 footman) ((go a1)(go b1))
end

But even in this case the order command may be too nested. Maybe I
don't have the choice. Or maybe I would use the fact that more than
one action would be allowed and that the orders would be added in the
order queue:

add trigger
owner computer1
condition timer 80
action order (a2 1 footman) (go a1)
action order (a2 1 footman) (go b1)
end

Not too bad. Maybe I can totally avoid parenthesis. After all not
everything will be possible, but just enough to have interesting
missions with a balance between specialization and flexibility:

add trigger
owner computer1
condition timer 80
action order 1 footman in a2 to go a1
action order 1 footman in a2 to go b1
end

Hum, I don't know. Or maybe I should go to the opposite direction and
use a LISP-like notation, like EMACS LISP, using even more
parenthesis:

(trigger
 computer1
 (timer 80)
 (order
  (a2 1 footman)
  (
   (go a1)
   (go b1)
  )
 )
)

Not very easy to write. But after all I don't really need the order
command with more than one command. Well...

The problem is that I can't change easily the language when I have
documented it. So I will wait until it is good enough.

Jean-Luc

--
SoundRTS web site: http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts
SoundRTS development log: http://soundrts.blogspot.com/