HiKevin,
The Genesis 3D game engine and editor is being designed by my very own
game company USA Games. As many gamers on this list know I am really
into advanced 3d FPS games, and we needed a way to create such games
without having to write and rewrite the same basic game core elements
over and over again. When I saw AGM I got the idea I could do the same
thing only in an advanced 3d game environment.
Obviously, as many gamers here pointedout AGM left a lot to be desired.
My Genesis 3D engine/editor allows me to save up to 10 games, draw 3d
levels, has built in 3d game calculations, the ability to change
character stats, etc. I think whenever I manage to get it ready for use
it will be far better than AGM in the end.
However, before anyone asks when it will be ready all I can say a
release date is a long long ways off. I am currently attempting to
rewrite large chunks of the Genesis core to make it run on Mac, Linux,
and Windows. That means using wav files to speak game information, using
SDL as the sound/keyboard support, and the directory structure between
Mac, Linux, and Windows is quite a bit different.