Hi Dark,
Unfortunately that is a highly over simplified view of the problem we face with Prince of Persia. Even if someone like i had the original Dos source code on hand I couldn't just place sounds where they go and get some really cool 3D processing on them. Keep in mind when that game was created there was no such thing as Microsoft DirectX, and from a game programming point of view it was the stone age of game programming. On the MS Dos platform if you wanted to play a sound you have to write or use a custom soundloader program which played the sound back on the sound card. Playing one or two sounds at a time was about all you could expect out of those programs. You definitely couldn't create a game with full 3D virtual effects etc. Not to mention the way Dos programs use the system's hardware are so alien to Windows XP/Vista that they play bloody heck with the Windows hardware access layer that
didn't exist at  that time.
In short we are talking about rewriting the game from scratch. That is the only way to make such games like that both accessible and playable on a modern PC without
running into compatibility issues.