Hi Shaun,
In short. If they don't give you specific permission to use their copyrighted material or right to redistribute assume therefore it is illegal to do so. No answer from a company is the same as no in the eyes of the law in the majority of cases. That is why I stress geting a specific yes/no answer out of them before trading around files of theirs.

shaun everiss wrote:
what does the law say about compaies that don't respond to clearly stated
emails asking such questions.
I am sure I asked code factory about distribution, etc.
They chose to ignore parts of my message I am sure of it.
they also took about 2-3 weeks to respond, actually more, maybe a couple munths.
They clearly don't care if someone puts them online and bandies them around,
and yet...