Hi Lukas,
Like I said before it all depends on how much time, energy, and creativity you are willing to put into the project. It doesn't matter if the game is a 2d side-scroller, a 3d first person shooter, a move based roll playing game, etc the quality depends on how much effort you want to put into it. In a very real sense creating games is a work of art. If the artest is into specific details then the game will have a very high degree of detail and realism.

Lukás Hosnedl wrote:
Now! This! Is! Just! Wonderful!
Great news to hear! I never would believe how a side scroller could successfully resemble the most modern Tomb Raider if someone told it to me before I heard your MOTA trailers. You are introducing such new, revolutionary elements into audiogames, both features and atmospheric details and more, that all other games start looking like the old 8-bit Atari classics right next to your avesome inventive creations. :-D
Lukas