Hi Tom,
As an opinion, I would pick choice 3. Most computer gameCD usually come with the proper direct X required to run it. If 3 isn't possible then I would go for choice number 2, for the sake of those who do not have the faster speeds.

al

inal Message -----

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 9:18 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Installing DirectX Updates

Hello gamers,
I've noticed over the passed three or four days several of you have had difficulties getting Microsoft DirectX installed. Most of it is confusion over how the setup asks you to unpack files to the temp directory and than manually run dxsetup.exe after the files are unzipped. With this mind I want to switch to an installlation that is easier and more intuative for you gamers in the future. I'm wondering wich of the following you want me to try.

1. Instead of having gamers download and install the full runtime i can use the Microsoft web setup tool which will detect which DirectX components need upgraded or installed and will do this live from the internet. The good news is it is very easy to use, not confusing, but you should have a high speed internet connection to use it. 2. I can repack the installer with winzip self-extractor and force it to run dxsetup.exe, and that might resolved the problem with the temp directory. 3. Perhaps rather than either method I should just pack the Managed DirectX components in the MOTA installer and forget about the rest. I'm not sure if there are any compatibility issues with doing this, but I do know the Microsoft license agreement frowns on doing this. On the good side though is you'll get the files with install.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments?
Thanks.