Agreed.  It is so frustrating.  I wanted to play a game from a certain
company today, and I couldn't because my machine changed.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 10:10 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] LWorks says goodbye to machine based licensing, and
hello to a new Judgment day

Hi Liam,
Personally speaking, I think this is really goodnews. While I know that in
theory machine specific keys are more secure, it does crack down on casual
piracy, etc it also is a hastle for developer and customer alike.
For a small one/two man operation fulfilling those frequent key replacements
can be a serious annoyence. For customers that legally paid for the product
having to wait a week or more for a new key gets to be frustrating,
annoying, and down right sucks. I've got a couple of games right now on my
computer that needs new keys, because I just upgraded the motherboard in my
computer a month or so back. I'm personally sick of dealing with machine
specific keys forreasons just exactly like that.
I want to upgrade my system and then have to get a new key for half my
software. That's rediculous.

Liam Erven wrote:
 > One of the major complaints that gamers have had is that all of LWork's
> games use a machine-based licensing system.  This system was originally  >
written to discourage piracy.  In theory, it was a great system, but leaves
> a lot to be desired when it comes to ease of registration.  So I'm  >
announcing that today, all future titles from LWorks will use a user-based
> licensing system.  My plan is to release an updated version of Judgment
day  > some time this month that will use this user-based system.  There
will be no  > more machine-based codes, and no need to constantly email
support for new  > codes.  I'm hoping that this will help gamers overall who
don't want to have  > to wait to get replacement keys.  there will also be a
few other small  > features that will be in the next release, so stay tuned.