I didn't know there was a technical aspect to it also. That does make sense though. But in every film or novel of this sort that I've ever encountered it always played out that the main door either magically locked itself or was blocked off in some way so you had to find your way out. The Fellowship of the Ring is an excellent example. The companions entered the Mines of Moria but the guardian in the lake uprooted the two holly trees that the Elves had planted to mark the spot and piled them against the doors to prevent them from ever being opened again. So of course the only way out was to pass through to the other side of the mountains.
Gabba gabba hey!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota

Hi Bryan,
Smile. You got it. That's the way people should look at the locked door. Although, I locked it for technical reasons it plays into the story exactly as you said.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Just like the Sarah game, not every little thing in MOTA's going to have a use. That locked door at the beginning of the level is probably just the door she came in. My guess s it magically locked itself after she entered the temple. Classic adventure story material right there. They always had to find another way out.
Gabba gabba hey!