Hi,
Ok, now that does sound like it really sucks. Having to defeat the ice troll 36 times to get the ice shield seriously bites. The gm can eat my shorts before I'll do that.
Cheers.

Shadow Dragon wrote:
You have to beat the crimson helmed rider 7 times in a row without missing even once. He then shows you the location of the lair. If you think tarn's bad though, to get the ice shield you have to beat the ice troll a grand total of 36 times, and then put a lot of xp into the shield to level it up to the point where it's actually powerful. I've also heard you ocasionally have to toss xp into it since it melts after battle.