Kind of. There's some equipment that gives more adventures, though a lot of it is rather tough to get, the most powerful stuff being the time gear, which was made with a one-time item so by now is either exceptionally rare or impossible to find on the market. There's also the counterclockwise watch, which is an ultrarare. which basically means given the mechanics put into an ultrarare find they're all but literally impossible to farm, or so says the developers, and given how few of any given ultrarare there are I'm inclined to believe that. There's a couple of ascention rewards for pastamancers that give adventures, and an immitation nice watch that I can't remember how to get at the moment. The one that is easy to get is the dead guy's watch, which you get in the misspelled cemetery or cyrpt. Pretty much all food and booze in the kingdom gives more adventures, with the most powerful stuff involving a tiny plastic sword, which saddeningly is another one time item. That is one thing that irritates me about KoL is its frequent use of one-time items, namely items of the month, or even more rare, one-time event items like the time gear or crimbo gear. So yes, it is possible to get more adventures by donating in a sense, you can sell Mr. Accessories on the mall and buy some of these one-time items if you can find them, and eventually obtain others, but it'd probably cost more than most people are willing to donate, especially if they're having trouble getting into the game. My philosophy though is that if its in my power to obtain something for someone, I'll try to do it, since I figure that everyone else deserves powerful items just as much as I do. I mostly do this for clan mates, and only if they can't get it themselves, but I'm more than happy to help out with the obtaining of powerful gear and especially food and other things that give adventures to help people get along in this exceedingly difficult but amusing game.

From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:01 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Kingdom of Loathing was Re:  Sryth question the eye

Well I won't disagree with you on the quality of the humour, ---- I certainly had a good few laughs while playing, --- everything from references like the moon key, the sun key and the Richard Starkey (lol!),

And the wonders of the limeric dungeon.

"One day when you meet with a giant, who stands so bold and defiant, though he roars puny fool, you take his ass to school, and leave him a good deal more pliant"

Rofl!

I may take you up on that offer shadowdragon if I find myself enclined to try KoL again.

Out of interest, is there a way (perhaps by donating), to get more dayly adventures? LAck of adventures is always one thing that seemed to be a major pest in KoL for me.

Beware the Grue!