Hi Bryan,
Can't say I blame you. The version of user account control that comes with Windows 7 is much more user friendly. Not only is it more customizable, but it doesn't prompt you every five seconds to do common tasks. It only prompts you for possible threatening security risks which is good. The one with Vista is just down right paranoid. It prompts you for everything. Even common tasks like copying an icon from one start menu folder to another. Not only is that not threatening, not a major security risk, but it gets in the way of common day to day tasks with no way to customize what it does and does not flag as a security violation. This more than anything else drives me crazy when it comes to Vista.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
God I hate Vista. If I had the finances I'd put Windows 7 on my laptop just to get away from this User Account Control crap or at least, this version of it. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?