Hi Thomas,
How about a silver chain whip, or a chain whip with blessed wooden spikes.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Developer time was: My Opinion of Q9

Hi Dark,
Hmmmm....Interesting suggestion. I guess the only question is how much
like true Castlevania do we want to go with this remake. Personally I
don't have a problem giving our hero a spear, stake, or some other
special vampire weapon instead of a whip, but the whip is very classic
Castlevania. Without the whip it would be missing a core element of the
game.
As you pointed out yourself perhaps the best part of the whip is that
you could upgrade it with a more powerful whip until you got the long
chain whip. That was definitely one of the better weapons in the game,
and gave you a lot of attack range and could dispatch monsters quickly.
Although, as we both said killing Dracula with a chain whip is pretty
unrealistic and strange. So using something else might be better story wise.