Or you could make it so that while the whip or whatever might harm the vampire, they would be able to slowly heal over time from any wounds inflicted by it. But the blessed weapon would have a property that would make it impossible or at least very difficult for the vampire to heal itself.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 7:56 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Castlevania was Developer Time

Hi Bryan,
That's a good idea. In fact I was saying something close to that to Phil my last message. I could make the leather whip an unlockable or special item which might hurt a vampire, but wouldn't kill one.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Why not both? Perhaps you could set it up so that the vampire could be harmed by the whip but not actually slain. So the player could use the whip to get the vampire near to death, so to speak, then the stake or whatever weapon could be a special weapon which alone had the power to actually finish the vampire off. It might be kinda like the battle with Gannon in the original Legend of Zelda. He could be harmed with the sword but not slain. Once he turned red the only way to finish him off was the silver arrow, otherwise he would heal. It took my brother months to figure that out.