To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Castlevania was: Developer time was: My Opinion of Q9

Hi Dark,
Absolutely. That's why I've been thinking off and on of doing a good Castlevania clone. The game is so generic that no one can come and pull the plug on it by screaming about copyrights. It is like, 'copyrights? What copyrights?" Take the Belmont's out of the picture, drop the Castlevania name, and a few miner modifications here and there and bingo. No more copyright problems to worry about. Hehehehe!

dark wrote:
True tom, however so many of the concepts are fairly generic I don't see the problem.

You could for instance have a skeletal horseman with a lance, ---- just not called Raodain, a giant flying bat boss just not referd to as the zap bat etc.

I'm surprised that the dracula novel is pd, ---- but if so that offers some interesting possibilities, ---- Mina dracula as a boss? or Lucy?

Beware the Grue!