Hi Al,
Seeing as the games you mentioned are side-scrollers I would imagine that Phil's toolkit could create them, or at least something close to it.There are certain aspects you might have to script though.

For example, In Double Dragon the way you typically got weapons is by taking it away from enemy thugs. A guy carrying a baseball bat might try and hit you with it, you, knock him out, take the bat and start wailing on someone else with it. I'm not sure if the toolkit will allow you to steel weapons or not, and if it does it probably needs to be scripted.

Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi,
When you say side scroller I think of super mario, or super liam and Monty's revenge and of course q9. Would the thing your making also be able to create more fighting type games? I am not sure what to call them, but examples would be double dragon, final fight, shinobi, streets of rage, golden axe...I hope you know what I mean. These are still mostly side scrollers, only they are usually in a three quarter view where they walk forward, usually from left to right, and encounter bad guys and beat them up, grab them and do various moves on them etc and so forth. Sorry I can't seem to define them much better then that.

al