I agree dark.
Thomas has done a good job and as long as his part of the game is as bug free as he can get it, I think he should release mota and give out registration keys. This will take a lot of the pressure off him that has been building up for a while. It still makes sense to change the programming language of the game to c++, but maybe it would be better if it is done as a later bugfix release or something.

However if the c# release would give game crackers a way to for example find a way to crack the game, I agree with the idea to convert it to c++ first and then release it.