Hi,
Ah, that is the million dollar question isn't it? I ask myself that question all the time. I guess the best answer is I'm a believer in the Paradoxical Commandments. Kent M. Keith once said, "if you give the world your best you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world your best anyway." If you have ever read Kent M. Keith's Paradoxical Commandments they make a lot of sense. They speak of how people should do the right thing regardless of what happens. Yeah, you'll be falsely accused of selfish motives, be kicked in the teeth, make your share of enemies, etc, but don't let those things stop you from doing the right thing anyway. It is doing good simply for the sake of doing good, and knowing at the end of the day you made a difference regardless if the good you do is appreciated.

<Smile>

Mauricio Almeida wrote:
alison, your post is totally "for the win" as people would say. Thomas,
being a developer with your talent, why do you still listen to immature
babys who want things half ready or with not as high quality, is
something i can't know.