From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:28 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Genesis Engine was The future of Blastbay Studios

Hi Hayden,
Genesis is a game engine I am rewriting in C++. Basically, that means it
is a piece of software that contains all of the core components of a
game such as input, audio, game physics, game menus, etc. All of the
core functionality is contained in the engine, but to create new games
you can use a level editor to create new special items, characgters,
levels, etc while the game mechanics are handled by the engine itself. I
guess the closest thing you might understand to what I'm doing is the
Audio Game Toolkit which used a level editor and xml settings to create
new games, but the core functionality of the game was in its engine.
does that make sense?

Cheers!