Well i have expensive phones which really do the system justice.
The reason I don't run my speakers though I have 2 sets and a couple amps is
the fact I sit or rather my room sits next to the computer centre.
so my brother is in there with his own speakers, more importantly there is my
dad who doesn't like noise.
Since having speech going through there sounds really bad I don't use them
unless I want to.
I also like headphones because it can make things realistic in the fact you
here every pan this is good in dvs movies and podcasts to.
Saying your cheap 9 dollar headphones are really not what I'd choose, to get
good sound you need senheiser, or something like that.
they cost but they do last.