Hey little girl, you broke the laws
You hustle, you deal, you steal from us all

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] financial colaboration was: a drastic change
isneeded for audio games.

Hi Dark,
That's a nice idea, but there is a thing called copyright law. So
strictly speaking your idea isn't strictly legal, and couldland the
developer/developers in hot water as it breaks the license for those
sound files.
Basicly, the way it works if an individual or company purchases a
commercial license for those sounds in the library it is to be used by
that individual or company, and not by a third-party developer. So if
USA Games were to purchase a sound library from Sound Ideas or
somebody and gave it to Draconis Entertainment, GMA Games, whatever we
would be in breach of the license and it would be considered piracy by
the company that produced the sound library. So while your idea is
nice it isn't feasable from a legal standpoint.
Once again, the copyright laws are designed in favor of corperations,
big businesses, etc  and if an individual or small business doesn't
have the funds to legally license sounds, music, trademarks, whatever
that's just tough. There is no consideration for a special class like
the blind who are largely unemployed world wide, and don't have the
funds to invest in the same sorts of things a major corperation can.
Bottom line, it all comes down to pure greed.

"Come on. Come on. Listen to the moneytalk."
AC-DC