<grin>
well one reason although slightly off topic is they buy the cheapest crappyest system possible you can get.
it lasted me for a couple years before finally breaking.
It would die during and before exams.
every 2 weeks I reformatted the system just to keep it going.
I think the longest time I had the system running was 6 months.
They are also slack and sometimes slow.
sometimes they don't communicate well.
Case in point I was trying to service my brailler because it was broke and out of use for a bit.
I was directed through several offices ending finally in an answerphone.
luckily I knew the manufacturer of my unit on a personal basis so I can get out that way but if I didn't then hmmph.