Hi Ben,
Oh, I see. Yes, the game itself is loosely based off Tomb Raider and
obviously the traps, weapons,  etc are similar in some aspects.
However, having mazes, traps, whatever is pretty par for that genre of
game. It is in fact one of the reasons I personally like that style of
game.
However, in comparison Mysteries of the Ancients is pretty simple
compared to a mainstream game like Tomb Raider. In Tomb Raider there
are all kinds of puzzle elements such as the various stepping stones
that need to be jumped on in the correct order to open a locked gate
like in Last Revelation. Tomb Raider is famous for its timed traps
like pressing a lever to unlock/open a stone door only to have it slam
down on you just before you make it all the way through as in Tomb
Raider Prophecy, or the wheel that opens a trap door in Underworld.
Sometimes there are things you have to do or get early on in the game
such as a certain amount of water in jars to balance the skales on
another level to open a secret passage. It is these kinds of puzzle
elements and/or traps I haven't even come close to matching. So I
think Mysteries of the Ancients is a mere shadow of the original games
I based it off of, and therefore I feel it is pretty easy compared to
the kinds of sighted games I use to play before I lost my sight.
Since it is the actual structure of the levels and traps themselves I
guess there really isn't much I can do to help you. I know I've been
able to play Shades of Doom, completed it many times, while others
can't finish the first level. I don't understand why they can't finish
the game and I can, but  the fact of the matter is not everyone has
the same ability to play the same game/games equally as everyone else.

Smile.