To tell you the truth I got to level 5 in about 4 hours in sod.  Its just
getting around the thing... surely someone could give a simple map... just
enough to know where you're going.  Once I managed to fluke the fire pits -
I did a full run up in beta 13 and lept over the first after coming through
the door - it was already open - vaulting over that and then over the second
without stopping!  Quite amazing really.  But I digress.  I just don't like
the complications of this game.  Shades isn't easy either but its simpler to
master - its all passages and not many complications I know about the
traps... but its just something about it...
Don't worry its not truly your fault its just your brain! lol