Hi neophyte.

Well, when I said partially complete and based on earlier versions, I simply mean that winfrotz tts is based on winfrotz version 1.4, where as I believe the current version is 1.53 (it might even be further), so obviously the older tts is less compatible with certain games which use more uptodate inform.

in terms of feature adding, well as tom said, punctuation muting would be a must. I would also like to see more refigned reading commands. Currently, only the latest text to the screen is spoken, it would be nice to be able to review specific turns of the game, eg by pressing a shortcut, say ctrl minus to speak previous turn and ctrl pluss for the next (obviously ctrl p is taken).

It would also be nice to have a find and spell specific word or name feature, sinse that's one of the things I often have to use Hal for.

The mud client, vip mud which outputs to certain screen reading programs and also uses sapi has some exceptional built in methods for text review, and it's these sorts of things which it would be nice to see in a self voicing if interpreter.

As to greater than, I think I've just become used to reading "greater than" as "what next?" ;D, so I really wouldn't see a word like "it's your turn" as meaning that much.

Then again as I said, If was one of the first types of games I played on my old win 95 machine, and I got used to doing it without sapi or instant speaking capabilities.

That's probably one reason now I play so many text based game books.

Beware the Grue!