Could you give me some pointers as to how to edit and obtain the latest jq
information and releases?

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Cara Quinn
Sent: 12 December 2010 23:44
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mysteries of the syth

Ben, if you edit some initialization files for Audio quake, it's possible to
re-enable the mouse (which was intentionally disabled for AQ) along with the
usual keyboard controls.

This way, instead of rotating in little 22.5 degree increments and not being
able to easily look up or down, you can simply use your mouse to smoothly
move your view / aim anywhere you'd like. The downside of this may be that
one whom can't see may not have an easy time re-centering their view. This
can cause probs when trying to then walk forward if you're looking down, as
you'd essentially then be told that you are scraping against a wall. (which
is really the floor) and your movement would be slowed. This also can
interfere with your aim, as if you're looking upward, you may still hear
someone in front of you, but not be able to hit them as you'd be shooting
over them, or at the ceiling.

So I added a very simple command to instantly center your view and face you
north. This way if one gets confused one can fix it immediately which is
really important in a game like Quake (or even moreso in Jedi Quake) which
is very, very fast by comparison to any other audio games I know of.

this is partially why the mouse can be such a great help in the game. One
can simply flick their hand and instantly turn at least 180 degrees to catch
someone sneaking up on them. Also you can get very fine precision of aim at
a distance that you really can't get with the current keyboard
implementation. 22.5 degrees is just too large a turn radius for very fine
control, and way too small for very fast turns, but is an extremely good
compromise.

Anyway, I don't recall at the second how many JQ releases have the centering
function but I'm thinking it's the last couple.

HTH and have a lovely day!.

Smiles,

Cara :)