Hi Jim,

You are quite correct. The Jaws API is very limited in its functionality and so I'm not very keen on adding it to my engine (especially considering the DirectInput bug as well), but a lot of people are requesting it so I think I'll have to do it in the end. Smile.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: "Philip Bennefall" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT and Screen Reader API's

Hi Philip,

I am just curious. The last that I knew the Jaws API did not afford the control that sapi5 does. You know such things as rate and volume of the speech, the ability to interrupt the speech and the ability to poll the API to see if it had finished speaking the last string sent to it. I find those to be essential when programming with speech.

Thanks.

BFN

    Jim

Taglines...one line freedom of speech!