Hi Philip,

A word of advice. Don't let the uninformed masses sway your decision
like that. I've been programming for a very long time, at least ten
years,  and have spent the last five or so creating accessible games.
Bottom line, the average user of your software doesn't know beans
about programming, and are ill informed to make decisions on if
something like adding Jaws support would be good for the product in
the long run. All they know is that they would like to have this
feature, but don't really know if it is technically possible or not,
and certainly don't know kinds of trouble you will have trying to get
Jaws and DirectInput to work together like that. They are in a word
"uneducated" about the facts.

I'll freely admit I am not a very big fan of Jaws or Freedom
Scientific. However, from both a professional and technical
point-of-view adding Jaws support is a very bad idea. The main one is
the Jaws API is limited, Jaws is well known for blocking keyboard
input using DirectInput, you have to use a lot more system resources
to run that game because you have to keep Jaws loaded, etc. I think if
you were firm and explained to them that this is technically not a
good idea most will understand. Those who don't or won't understand
have no business writing games since they are technically incompitent
to be discussing such technical matters in my personal opinion.