I agree with you there. I myself se Eloquence with WIndow-Eyes, but if it weren't for the fast response rate I wouldn't bother. And while Dectalk is also included that's a voice I can't listen to for extended periods unless I'm making it sing.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT and Screen Reader API's

Hi Hayden,

I hear you there. Some games like Q9 are fantastic with actual human
speech rather than Sapi or Eloquence. Personally, I think Eloquence
sounds terrible, and other than the fact it is fast/responsive I would
never even use the thing. I hate that voice with a passion, and never
willingly use it with a game. I think someone is a bit insane to want
to use it in games over actual human speech.

Smile.

Hi,
Wow...are you serious? Those tend to have the best quality of all systems;
plus I find that rate makes a lot less of a difference with human voices.
Trust me; you'll always get better quality games (imho) with recorded
speech.

Best Regards,
Hayden