From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Kai
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:07 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT and Screen Reader API's

I believe that I did say games with pre-recorded voices did usually have the

highest quality, just the least configurability.
And the quality of the game is, in my opinion, hardly dictated by the medium

of dictation; someone could make a guess-the-number game with top-of-the
tier professional actors and actresses, full ensembles, and the works, and
it'll still be a boring guess the number game. conversely, someone could
make a game with poorly recorded speech, or speech reliant on espeaks,
slightly low-quality sound effects, but if their game is in-depth, full of
detail and replayability, that game will ultimately be more enjoyable. Audio

quality, while important, is not the fulcrum of a game's value or quality.

Kai