Ah yes Tom, thanks for reminding me of the good old Apple days.  That was my
very first talking computer an Apple //E with an internal Echo running
textalker plus.  I got just about every accessory we could use for that
system and let me tell you for it's day it was the cat's meow.  While yes it
was limited I wouldn't go so far as to call it crap I used it for a lot of
things and it met my needs quite well for a number of years.  It's biggest
weakness was that for some reason programs like terminal software and word
processors tended not to work with it so you had to buy special ones, the
best terminal software called termtalk came from a company called Computer
Aids Corp. which later turned into Blazie.  All this took place back when if
you said Jaws you were talking about a giant shark that ate people and
nobody thought anything else.  The reason that Jaws is so well recognized is
mainly that FS is very good at pimping their products and that too many
people are just not aware that there were other solutions available long
before they came on the sceen, let alone now.  As an access tech instructor
I won't be a party to this misinformation and I am just glad I work
somewhere that allows me to show clients the full range of solutions
available.

Ok sorry I will get off my soap box now.

Game on.

Tom