Hi Tom.

I'd personally view analogue jumps as a very! complex feature indeed, where as say adding something like an extra arrow trap in an otherwise 2D game to give a vertical danger would seem less so, though i do take the point.

At the same time though, I don't think this is particularly an excuse for developers to only stick to simple games, just perhaps a reason why certain trade offs need to be made occasionally.

Look at the Mota switches. We have traded the extra fidly complexity, both of programming and of design, it would take for multiple switch types, but instead have other forms of trap such as the vanishing flaws to handle.

Beware the grue!