Hi Tom ah fair enough.

I admit it's been a long time sinse I read the articals on if creation languages and I may be confusing inform 7 with tads 3 when speaking of a language that was more flexible than user friendly.

If however inform is so easy going, I do rather wonder what the people at quest are doing? sinse their main aime was a text adventure creation system devorced from too much programming.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] inform 7 help

Hi Dark,

No, Inform is very newby friendly. It is a very simplistic programming
language, and its very understandible. I think as an intro language it
isn't too bad. Of course, by the time I started learning it I had
years of experience with major languages so naturally it would seem
simple to me.

As for your other points I completely agree with you. I honestly
thought about not responding to Michael's post precisely because of
the "poor blind me" attitude expressed in the original post. I think
that it is a given  most everyone here on the list is totally blind or
has low vision so I would have known of Michael's disability issue in
advance, and in any case being blind has nothing to do with it to
begin with. I'm totally blind and that has never stopped me from
programming applications.  The only times I ca think of when my
blindness was an issue is when a certain tool, IDE, or somethig I
needed to develope software with wasn't screen reader accessible.
However, there are usually accessible alternatives for it. When it
comes to Inform accessibility really isnt an issue. I've used the
Inform 7 IDE for Windows and Linux both are fairly accessible. So I
don't believe Michael will run into any serious access issues.

As for source code you are right. All it is basically a flat ascii
text file with a special extention like cpp to denote it is a C++
source file, cs for C-Sharp source file, pl for perl, and so on. You
can write the actual code/language and syntax using any plane vinila
text editor like Notepad, Gedit, Emacs, Ultra Edit, Textpad, whatever.
I write 90% of my source code using a plane ascii text editor called
Gedit which is the default text editor for Linux which is similar to
Notepad, but with some extra tools like a spell checker, built in
dictionary, and things like that.

Cheers!