Hi Dark,

I don't know. I never really looked at Quest, but I can say Inform 7
seems easy enough. I actually did some looking around at various if
languages and tools like Hugo, Inform, Adrift, Tads, and I ended up
picking Inform for a few reasons.

 First, the language is very easy to pick up and learn. If you read
the programming guides and follow the game tutorials and example games
they give you can litterally be writing text adventures in a couple of
days. As a programmer I can say Inform was about the easiest language
I have ever learned.

Second, I was looking for something that was fully cross-platform. As
I now consider myself a Linux user officially naturally I was looking
for Linux compatible tools etc. Unfortunately, some adventure toolkits
and languages are primarily Windows based. Inform seems to be truly
cross-platform compatible were others aren't fully cross-platform.

What I mean by that is take Adrift as an example here. The Adrift
generator  that is required to create Adrift adventures is a Windows
only piece of software, but there are Linux interpreters for Adrift
games such as Scare and Rogue. So while I could play most Adrift
adventure games I'd still have to use a piece of Windows software to
create them. That's not exactly ideal for someone looking for a purely
cross-platform adventure system and development tools.

To make matters worse is that some of the non-Windows interpreters
like Rogue and Scare lack certain features. IN Scare, for example, the
battle system isn't fully developed yet so if you have a heavy combat
oriented Adrift adventure it won't work with Scare.  Rogue is nice,
but it could use some special scripts for Orca to read things
automatically etc.

With Inform the developers have written Mac, Windows, and Linux
versions of the Inform compiler/IDE. So right there you have
cross-platform tools to get the job done and Orca doesn't seem to have
any accessibility issues with Inform 7. Then, the frotz interpretor
supports most of the Inform 7 features, accept sounds, so you aren't
going to end up finding out that your text adventure won't run
correctly on the target machine. You can pretty much expect it will
perform equally on any target platform from a Windows 7 desktop to
your Apple IPhone, or on a Mac/Linux PC. It is very well supported
which makes it ideal for game development.

So in a nutshell that's why I personally endorce/support Inform 7. Out
of the if languages its probably the best. Especially, if you intend
to create an adventure game for some non-Windows platform like Linux
or an Apple IPhone.

HTH