Hi Dark,

Yeah, Inform has fared really well over the past 30 years. Since
being turned over to the open source community its continue to grow,
get better, and supports just about every software platform you can
imagine.  As you were saying its kind of funny that games  like the
Infocom games from the 1980's run on anything and everything.  The
frotz interpreter runs  on Mac OS, linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Solaris, Windows, etc. You name it there is probably an interpreter
out there for it. Other adventure systems and languages can't make
that claim.

Not only that, but considering the age of the language you can pretty
much expect it to be fairly complete and full of features. Which, of
course, it is.  Its had 30 years of updating, development, and so on.
Adrift, which has only been around since the 90's, is an infant
compared to Inform and I've noticed there are a number of things
/Adrift lacks that Inform has. So the age of the language does matter
here to some degree.

Cheers!