Hi Dark,
Hmmm...not surewhere you got the idea that Inform 7 wasn't geared to those who haven't had any programming experience. Inform 6 needed some knowledge of OOP to make things work correctly, but all in all the language has been user-friendly for quite awhile.
Best Regards,
Hayden

From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2011 6:49 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] inform 7 help

Hi Michael.

I'm not really sure this is the place to ask inform related questions simply because I don't know how many people have used that language here.

Your best off searching on resources like http://www.wurb.com/if/ for tutorials on the subject and asking on the forum on http://www.intfiction.org/forum/

from what I've heard though, inform is not the best place to start if you have no knolidge of programming.

You might try http://www.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ for the quest system, which is supposed to be absolutely right to none programmers.

Btw, as regards the site thing, one reason why so many visually impared people are into programming and such is simply that a lot of programming involves essentially writing the correct text files in the right language, just like bgt explains.

though there are exceptions, such as when developers like microsoft make inaccessible tools for manipulating their program libraries etc, these shouldn't come up until you get into the more advanced areas.

So the bottom line is being blind makes no difference really!

On a politeness front, also on a list ful of very compitant blind people, it's not really the best manners to play the "I'm blind so help me" card, sinse most people here could if they wish. That atitude is just going to irritate people sinse it's one of the things that often gives blind people a bad name, ---- heck I'll freely admit I have a prejudice against the sort of people who do that myself.

Beware the grue!